Re: Dell precision laptops.... Newest is M6300.. previous M90

Phil,

Be aware that Dell has never officially released Vista drivers for the M90 and the drivers you can get don't work very well at all.

Also, the 1600m graphics are faster than the 2500M and are DirectX 10 compatible.

The M6300 is a better machine all around.

Reply to
jimsym

zzzzzzzztt update.

I got a Dell M6300.. 2.2mghz. m6300 quadro pro vid card fx1600M, with 512ram, 17" WUVGA screen (1920x1200), 80 gig hd (I might put a bigger one in it before i do anything)... i think it comes with 1 gig ram...I might havve to spend 90dollars to max it at 4gig. Windows XP pro loaded.

(i could have gotten a very similar spec with Vista loaded... for about $400 less)

comes with 3 year dell on site service, and warranty thru april 2011.. so I assume its new? maybe its a dell refurb? seller is 100% on ebay, for years, out of LA. specializiing in dell laptops apparently.

Dell.com quote on that was $2400 or so. $2800 with 4gig ram and 230 hd.

I was too slow to get the Dell M90, almost identical xpecs but with

100gig hd, and 2gig ram, and one notch faster on the video card.... and with lottsa software included... all kinds of good stuff/ MS office pro and some high end graphics software.. lots of it... missed that by about half an hour.

supposedly the M63 is much more advanced with more features but I probably could done just as well on the M90

Will I be glad i ended up with the M6300 ?

Phil scott

Hey old man, that machine will do just fine for you. With a 3 year warranty, it'll probably outlive you.

Reply to
madcadman