Speed of Mold Flow Packages

Running MoldFlow Express on a single plastic part in SWks 2006 can result in an analysis that takes me from 5-25 minutes on an old Dell M60 @ 1.7 GHz (if I remember it right).

That's not bad, as MFExpress is free, and I don't run a lot of analyses everyday.

My Questions:

  1. On new Dell Laptops (M6300) and XP or Vista, has anyone run the full Mold Flow package for filling analysis?

  1. Is it running faster on XP/SP64 or Vista?

  2. Does it meet your expectations for speed & performance?

I am finally thinking I need the full package so I don't have to make as many compromises in part designs to leave room for "corrections".

Thanks - Bo

Reply to
Bo