SW 2008-Splash Screen sticks

I run dual monitors. SW opens on the right screen. The splash screen appears on the left. SW is up and running the splash screen remains on top of whatever application it happens to write over. Anybody else seen this?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I sometimes get this in 2007sp5.0

John H

Reply to
John H

Yes, seen in both SW2007 & SW2008......

Reply to
Anna Wood

Anna Wood wrote in news:35bf18f2-9bcb-4341-98c9- snipped-for-privacy@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Interesting. I've never seen this, up through 2007 sp5.0 (on Nvidia). Also, SW opens on the same monitor the splash screen opens on. I wonder if this has to do with SW opening on the monitor that isn't "primary". I know this is switchable in the NVidia drivers, but I can't remember where. Anyhow, another variable to be eliminated...

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Dale,

I should have mentioned that and I am sure that is what TOP is seeing. My duals are set so SW does not open on the primary monitor. The splash screen likes to hang around over on the primary monitor.

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

SW is on #2, the spalsh is on #1. It is a real pain because frequently it will block an unrefreshable window with information on it, i.e., a dos window. Obliterates excel too.

I think I'll put my snowshoes on and go for a scrunch.

TOP

Reply to
TOP