SW Student Desing Kit 2007-2008 (WIndows Vista)

Hello!
I downloaded this version today and installed it. Everything was nice until I tried to create new part.
SW is working right, but I'm having very big graphic issues. Here is
some pictures:
This is how it looks when I open a part and move cursor around screen:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jatama/Kuvat/sw1.jpg
And like this if I move cursor over part:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jatama/Kuvat/sw2.jpg
and when zooming:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jatama/Kuvat/sw3.jpg
seems to be working when drawing lines and so on:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jatama/Kuvat/sw4.jpg
...but when i move cursor over some of those lines:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jatama/Kuvat/sw5.jpg
So program works but it is very, very annoying and troublesome to do anything! :(
Here is my computer specs: Intel 6400 C2D Ati Radeon x1950 Pro Abit AB9 Quad GT 2Gb RAM and so on..
Anyone else has this kind of problems with SW on Vista? Any ideas how I can get rid of these?
Thanks for help Jatama
Gawd.
When was the last time someone here had any graphics problems with a cheap ATI card? Beuler? Anyone?
First, is the student version really SW 2007? If so, there is a specialized version of 2007 specifically for Vista, second, yo got a crap video card, and third did you bother checking the SW site for driver version>?
Dusty.

You can isolate the problem to the video card by checking Software OpenGL in the Options under Tools. If it is the graphics card/drivers then you probably want ot change. And if you are on VISTA the version of SW you have is not made for that OS.
TOP
Well, this is the version what SolidWorks offers at their site (I have student license from my school). There is two versions to download, one to XP, one to Vista (this was realesed like 4 days ago, so i assume it is vista version).
I have checked that Software OpenGL but I cant change that (that line is grey, cant check/uncheck the box).
I will test to update my ATI drivers today...
... when I changed XP 2 compatibility mode on from .exe propereties and took visual effects off it helped a bit (that black thing dissapeared) but its still unusable.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What is your point? Get youself compatible hardware - at minimal cost these days- or , well- whatever. The battle is over.
--
John R. Carroll

www.machiningsolution.com
This may be of interest from the SolidWorks website.
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/CustomerBulletins.html
The Sept 17th bulletin on certified Vista video cards and drivers. The last paragraph specifically states there are no certified Vista drivers for ATI cards at this time.
Also to toggle the Use Software Open GL switch, no SolidWorks files (parts, asm or drawings) can be open. Just launch SolidWorks with no documents open and you will then be able to toggle the switch to turn off hardware Open GL.
Cheers,
Anna Wood
On Sep 17, 10:21 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On 17 sep, 18:41, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just a question:
I have been trying to download the SDK this week and after filling my license data, accepting the license and selecting "Download Windows XP version", finally I am always redirected to a broken link. I tried from 3 different computers, so I guess that the problem is not in my license data, but in the Solidworks website.
Did you manage to download the SDK successfully at first attempt? Any trick?
Cheers, Manuel
On 18 syys, 17:31, snipped-for-privacy@ucv.udc.es wrote:

I downloaded both XP and Vista version from here http://www.solidworks.com/europeansdk
Actually I have downloaded XP version twice, worked fine everytime.
Unbelievable! Everything started to work fine after updating Ati drivers to 7.9 version!
This is a problem between Vista and Solidworks, as the same problem arises with NVIDIA cards, when using Vista, cheap or expensive cards!
Get rid of Vista and use XP.
Vista is too young and stupid at the moment for Solidworks.