SW 2008 - Export to dwg/dxf scaling

I just got a bunch of parts from a vendor scaled 1:4. I have been exporting parts like this for a long time and have never had this
problem before. Here is what SW did:
On the second sheet of my print I had no title block visible and the sheet scale was set to 1:1. The view the part was on was set to sheet scale. In the past this would result in a dxf/dwg file 1:1. What happened is that SW put this view into paper space in dxf/dwg and scaled it to match the other drawing sheet in the SW file. When opened in DWGEditor the part measured OK (because it was in paper space) and I had to really dig to find the setting that told me the part had been scaled. In addition the other sheet in the SW drawing was in model space with title block. The result was the vendor burning parts 1/4 actual size. Fortunately there were only 8 parts in the order.
In speaking with the vendor's CAD jocky he has been seeing this problem from SW in the last little while.
Why wasn't this caught by SW, beta or anybody? When SW starts making bad parts that is a problem.
TOP
Thanks for info.
We havent changed to 2008, dont have the time to deal with that many bugs atm. Will be testing it soon though so info like this is essential we make lots of stuff based on dxf export and have tried in older versions that the scale was wrong.
What are you doing to get it to the right scale? Does the scaling come from the scale on the initial sheet (Sheet 1)? Even if you only save the sheet which you want the DXF from?
We are doing the same. Making a sheet called "DXF" A4 sheet with no frame or anything scaled 1:1. And we just save it as DXF and our workshop load it into their CAM.

We just had the same problem after sending a DFX file from Solidworks to a supplier!
To be fair to Solidworks, there is a popup window, that warns of this possible error. Hold on though! How is the programmer/operator ment to know? Hmmmmm......
How it works: 1, export DXF file 2, email to supplier with a note warning of possible scale errors if entering straight into cam. 3, supplier's office bod, sends DFX file to programmer/operator, obmitting the warning note. ( too busy, forgot ect....) 4, programmer/operator enter DFX data into cam, makes cockedup job, lol
Option 1, If the DXF is loaded straight into cam, then I think that it is the programmer/operator's job to check a couple of dimensions, just to be sure. "DO NOT SCALE" is the thing to have on any exported or translated file, as a minimum!
Option 2, Solidwork's gets their arse into gear and sorts out the hundreds of cockups in their program.
I think option 1 is the only workable one
I'm not seeing the popup.
I checked last night with 2004 and SW used to put a dxf into model space, not paper space. In my case it put the drawing sheet into model space and the second, CNC sheet into paper space at the scale of the sheet in model space. I don't think the pop up (that isn't there) warns about this.
TOP

I have the second sheet go into paper space in 2007. The scaling problem has been on going for years. 2007 was better and it rarely happened. I usually open in AutoCAD if it is likely to cause an error.
Eldon CSWP
And this make sense because? For detail parts the second sheet is most likely going to be the 1:1 CNC geometry. Arrrgh.
Anybody want some really cool paperweights before they rust?
TOP

Sorry top, to be a bit clearer, the popup window apprears when saving as a DFX file.
Quote:-
One or more drawing views are scaled differently from the sheet. Some dimensions translated from these drawing views may appear out of scale with any new dimensions created in the target system
unquote.
Clear as mud!
lol