export to dwg

I'm having some trouble with saving my drawings to dwg. I have a macro set up which does it for me, appending a rev letter to the filename, which I use when I'm ready to send something to a vendor. The problem I'm seeing is that sometimes after I've exported a significant number of drawings, it simply stops working. No errors or anything, I just go to the target directory and there's nothing there. This also happens when I do a manual save-as.

I'm having another problem which seems related; when I try to output my overall assembly drawing (1979 parts, 260 unique; 3 ortho views with broken-out sections, 3 detail views, and an isometric), SW blinks a lot, clears and redraws the screen very slowly several times (possibly once for each view; I usually go and do something else while it's working on this), and then, again, fails to produce a dwg. This happens even if that drawing is the first file I open after restarting SW, but afterwards it always reverts to the above behavior.

Anybody seen behavior like this before? Is SW just getting tired and giving up? Maybe it needs a Red Bull...

SW 2007 SP 4.0, x64, on a dell PWS490 with NV Quadro FX 3500.

Reply to
Mark