2007 dwg export problem

I am trying out SW2007, sp2.1 for my first mold design. When I export the drawing as a dwg file, all of the hidden lines disappear-both on my SW drawing and they are not there when I open the dwg file elsewhere. I look at the view properties and it says that hiden lines should be visible, but they are not. ctrl q doesn't work.

I would like to have confirmation before calling my VAR. They are what I call a `home-on-the-range' VAR. As in "never is heard a discouraging word". In other words it is really hard to get a bug confirmed or even called a bug because they are evidently pre-programmed to not understand any problems. My original VAR was super, but they got bought out a year ago and now the new guys are next to useless.

Anyway-if I can get a confirmation then I'll be on firm ground when I call to do battle.

Thanks, jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

JK, SP 2.0 No problems here.

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

thanks Mike. I have asked other people and nobody else sees it either. I do without fail. All I can think of is that my notebook has a sub-standard graphics card and this is somehow causing this issue. I've been living with the limitations of my radeon 9600 and they haven't been a big deal for what I need from this computer. However, this one is driving me nuts.

thanks again,

jk

"Michael Eckstein" wrote in message news:eHYmh.337$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.lga...

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

John, thanks for the note, as most of us have not chosen to upgrade yet, and need to get our hands around what might be happening from the early Pioneers who made it across the Sierra Nevada to the California gold fields, like you.

Fortunately I have not upgraded, and given the issues coming down the road with VISTA, I am thinking it may be years before I upgrade, as I am tired of being an unpaid beta tester.

I hope I can avoid the disruption of these types of issues, because I don't get paid to fix someone else's software or hardware incompatibilities, and I am spectacularly unmoved by my VAR's statement on this a year back, that "All you have to do is go out & buy an up-to-date workstation."

I fully expect to see lots of hardware & OS issues hitting me in the head & pocketbook once I try to move to VISTA with SolidWorks 2008 or whatever.

Later - Bo

John Kreutzberger wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Be sure to look through the links at the bottom of the page.

TOP

TOP, check this if you haven't seen it:

Jerry, if you think SolidWorks requires a lot of graphics cards now, take a look at what VISTA IS GOING TO NEED!

Prof. Peter Gutman was like Jack Webb, "Just the facts mam."

Bo

T> Be sure to look through the links at the bottom of the page.

Bo

Bo,

I saw it when you first posted it which is why I am keeping my eyes open. I'm still learning W2k, I'm not an over zealous implementor. That and I've seen xgl in Linux.

This whole thing really makes those old overpriced Unix boxes of the

80's start to look tempting to corporate users for Workstations.
Reply to
TOP

Another site for info on trends:

I personally think Win2000 and Win XP Pro are going to have a lifespan that goes way beyond 2010.

I'm thinking I may have to buy a 2-3 identical used PCs and just stick with them for SolidWorks 2006, until the dust settles after 2010.

Hopefully SolidWorks gets into NIX by then.

Screw HDDVD/Blue Ray on my workstation. That is the last thing I need for my work. If I need it, there will be someone selling a cheap consumer box that will run those disks, but not my workstation.

I simply do not think the major media label companies & Microsoft realize what this will do for Linux/Unix et al.

Bo

T> Bo,

Reply to
Bo