Lock view focus

I'm in the second drawing on a row with same problem. Inserting main view.... adding two projected and one isometric view.....start working. Everything looks good till I try to lock view focus in either one of the two projected views ....the option isn't even there.....when I rmb the view I just have the option to "activate sheet". In main view or isometric it works fine, but not in projected. Closing down drawing and reopen doesn't help. Closing down SW and start all over helps....then it works as it supposed to. In tools option I have "dynamic drawing view activation" enabled. Anyone else seen this ?

SW 2004 Sp1.0

Reply to
Krister L

I don't use "dyanmic drawing view activation" (It's unchecked) because I don't like it, but when you RMB on the red outline of the view, "Lock View Focus" isn't showing up because it is part of the "hidden stuff" accessable with the down arrows at the bottom of the menu is it?

When I do it, it is "hidden" until I click the arrows, then it pops up into the "View" section (along with Hide)...

Mr. Pickles SW 2004 sp2 :-)

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

No Mr Pickles.....this wasn't part of the hidden stuff....if I expanded the menu I still only got the coise "activate sheet", which shouldn't even have been there as I only had one sheet in both cases

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Most bizarre...

Have you tried resetting or showing all of the shortcut menus?

You can by going to Options - "Shortcut customization"... Choose Show All to show all the items, or "Reset to defaults" to reset 'em. There is a seperate section for the pulldown menus...

Maybe this would fix your problem? Otherwise, you may have to reinstall, whcih would bite.

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

Well....the funny thing is that it worked okay and looked allright after shutting down and restarting Solid Works. I'm into a lot more drawing creation today and will keep my eyes open to see if.... and in that case maybe why... it happens again.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Hello to you.

I am think you might have on these selections filter.

Manywhile i have on these filters to get only of the surfaces I unable am to get or even make a dimension on views when makeing the drawing. When is turn off by me the problem goes to the awayside.

May be these filters are happen to you as well as to me here.

Just to make one pehaps try-

Warmfully,

Habib

Reply to
Habib

Hi Habib

No filters active...just created a new drawing here.....open empty drawing template....set scale to 1:20 insert model view ...take right as first view.....then two projekted views ...one to the right and one below...klick ok. Nice drawing. RMB first view and expand the menu by klicking arrows at the bottom....can lock view focus. RMB projected view to the right ....no need to expand ......"activate sheet" is already visible....expand menu...still no option to lock view focus...same goes for projected view below.

Closed without saving and started all over again....insert three standard views....same thing here ...only drawing view 1 has the ability to lock view focus.

Closed again and tried with another drawing template...same thing happens again....have to save drawing ...close and restart SW to get the option for locking view focus on drawing view 2 and 3

Tried againg on the laptop with same template and there it works ....hmmmm... SW 2004 Sp1,0 on both

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

I just tried it on 2.1 and it worked just fine.

If you do a RMB on a Drawing View in the Feature Tree, do you get the option to lock it?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Well.....here it seems to be fixed with upgrading to 2.1....haven't seen it since then

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L