"Cut view" of assembly

I have an assembly and would like to see it "as if cut at a plane" - it would in this case be at a plane along a shaft centre line.

How is that done?

Reply to
steve

You can use the section tool, or you can actually cut it using the Insert>Cut with Surface feature and use a plane (or a surface) as your surface.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I believe that by "section tool" Muggs means the Main Menu\View\Display\Section View choice.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

The sectioning tool in 2005 works well.

Another option is an assembly level cut (Insert-Assembly Feature-Cut), Draw sketch and revolve/extrude.

RMB on feature to edit feature scope to exclude/include components

This allows isometric views of a sectioned part in drawings.

Tuck this cut into a assembly configuration called sectioned...

-Blair

Reply to
Blair Sutton