How to disassociate a revision symbol from a view

Hi all:

We're using SW 2007. I saw nothing in the help about this...

When revising an assembly drawing in which a component has been changed or added, it is customary to place a revision symbol adjacent to the affected BOM table row. When inserting a revision symbol (using the rmb-> add symbol method), we have to be careful not to drag the symbol over any views. If we do, it becomes associated with that view, and moves with the view if it moves. We have a large number of existing drawings edited by several people who did not necessarily adhere to this practice. Is there an easy way to disassociate a rev symbol from a view? My only workaround is to delete the existing symbol and carefully place a new one without dragging it over a view (not always easy on a complex assemblly drawing).

Better yet, is there a way to assoicate the rev symbol with the BOM table? That way it moves with the BOM.

Thanks in advance, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

Hi John

Never found a way to move notes or blocks to one view from another, but made it a habit to always lock sheet focus before I insert them now adays.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Lock Sheet Focus! RMB on a corner of the dwg w/ no views and select this before adding symbol.

Reply to
That70sTick

Moving notes from one view to another: Turn on arrow. Drag arrow to connect with entity in another view, now that note belongs to the new view, even after arrow is turned off again.

Reply to
That70sTick

--- (not always easy on a complex assemblly drawing).

------

John,

I do not believe you can associate any annotation to a BOM but for disassociation and reassociation of notes, symbols, blocks, etc., simply Cut & Paste (Ctrl X Ctrl V). Just be sure to lock focus where required prior to pasting.

Reply to
Eddie

You've covered every possibility, I think.

Lock sheet focus prior to original insertion. Turn on leader, drag leader, turn off leader for association with a different view. Ctrl-X, lock sheet focus, Ctrl-V for disassociation from all views.

I've been using SW for 2 years and didn't know about sheet focus/view focus. Thanks.

Regards, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man

Sort of related here, if you didn't know about sheet focus, then you need to know that you can lock/unlock the focus of a view or sheet by either RMB action, or by double-clicking. Watch for the heavy border/heavy corners around the view or the sheet. Notice how a double-click affects the situation when it's a view that's locked vs. the sheet that's locked and you double-click on one of the others.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I simply cut, then paste them with the new view active.

Scotty

Reply to
Scotty