drawing revision

using SW 2006

when in a drawing how can you change the next revision level that comes up when using the SW revision table. Have a drawing that started as A but a user has incremented then deleted revision levels. I know that there is a revision property but this does not seem linked to the 'internal' revision level that comes up when you right click and 'add revision'.

Thanks

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Hi Steve....I am relatively new at revision tables too....but best I can figure, the REV table is setup where you add information in the properties and then SW will do a text dump to the drawing with the info you put in the properties and therefore there is no direct link. That way, the next time you make a revision, the old revision info will stay on the drawing when the new revision text is dumped in the drawing. In order to add a revision, you need to click the table and then to a right mouse click and you will see "add revision"....I have to say this is not the most intuitive functions in SW....so if you want to change an existing revision info, you have to manually do this in the table, or delete the row and do it again....

Reply to
pejaer