Custom Property in Automatic Rev table, possible?

I want to add a custom property cell to my revision table. The custom property is called "Drawn_By". I put this in the cell

$PRPSHEET:"Drawn_By"

Since I want the custom property to come from the model. When I click out of the cell, it displays $PRPSHEET:"Drawn_By" NOT the custom property text.

Ive tried different custom properties, even $PRP:"Drawn_By" to get the custom property from the drawing itself, it doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Reply to
SW Monkey

You could add a column and add the custom property to that. Add the row (insert row), Click on column properties, Choose custom properties and select the property you want to add.

Reply to
vizach

I tried that. I get $PRPSHEET:"Drawn_By" shown.

See above.

Reply to
SW Monkey

Hi,

Our Gold Partner product ToolWorks BOM Manager can solve this problem. You can create revision notes on your models and assemblies using the "revision note" feature. These notes are saved as Custom Properties that can be shown on your drawing template.

You can download a free 30 days trial from our website

Regards Jess

Reply to
Jess G. Frandsen

Anyone figure this out yet? Is it not possible to do this with the new Revision table?

Reply to
SW Monkey