drawing templates

How can I get a drawing sheet template (*.drwdot) to insert as a second sheet in my drawing? If you right click on the tab of the first sheet and say 'add sheet' it brings up a GUI that only allows you to insert a sheet format. I want to insert a template that has all my linked properties in it to auto fill out the title block. This works great with sheet 1 but addational; sheets are a problem.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

You can't. You can only use 1 template per document, and only when it is created.

You can save the format from the template as a separate format file and use the format on the second sheet. You can even save the format on the second sheet as a template which you use for multi-sheet drawings. The format should have the properties in it already. These should be able to be filled out automatically as well.

Reply to
matt

Steve,

Each drawing sheet can use a different sheet format if you wish. Each format can have the links to custom properties that you want. I'm not quite sure what the problem is - it works fine for me.

Regards, John H

Reply to
John H