Model Request - Hydraulic Bottle Jack - 20 Ton Range

Hello all,

I've volunteered to help a non-profit group called Potter's without Borders who are developing a ceramic water filter for 3rd world countries.

I need a 20 ton bottle jack (pump) which will be used in a press. Can anybody point me to 3D models of said item. Tried a quick search but couldn't find any.

Len

Reply to
lmar

I searched a bit around and didn't find anything.. tho, to mount it you would probably have to fabricate that..

you could look into enerpac's website, there might be something there.

Reply to
tnik

i have 2 ton jack if you can use it

mr.T

mr.T

Mr. T

I will accept your offer of the 2 Ton Jack.

Thank You,

Len

Please forward model to: snipped-for-privacy@edatasolutions.ca

P.S. Thought the company sounded familiar. Use to work for a waste water treatment company and remember searching your website for sub- systems. Nice models.

snipped-for-privacy@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
lmar

Potters without Borders? what the hell kinda gay group is that? you gotta be joking, right?

Reply to
madcadman

FYI:

Diarrhea is estimated to be the number one killer of children under 5 at the beginnig of the decade and now continues to be a major cause of death amount the worlds children.

Potter's Without Borders has been assisting with the development of a low-tech, low cost, colloidal silver-enhanced ceramic water filter.

Field experience and clinical test results have shown this filter to effectively eliminate 99.88% of most water-born disease agents.

Filter has been cited by the United Nations' Approprite Technology Handbook , and is used by the International Red Cross and the Nobel Prize winning medical relief oganization Doctors Without Borders.

Approximate cost of fiter system is $10-15 with replacmement filters $4. Can be used with running river water, wells, lakes, and marsh water.

It is a gravity fed system that can supply the daily needs of clean drinking water for a family of six. It can be easily cleaned to extend the life of the filter.

I am assiting in the devlopment of a portable training press that can be used by 1st world technicians to train local 3rd world country potters. This includes developing the right combination of local materials to provide the necessary filtration levels as well as production tooling and techniques.

I just happened to talk to the founder while on vacation last week while my wife was buying new coffee mugs for our household at his shop. Not "big" on pottery, I was reading a technical report on the effectiveness of the ceramic filter when he came over and provided additional information on the manufacture of the filters (addition of sawdust to the clay).

During the conversation he mentioned how they were having a difficult time coming up with a press design that was lightweight and portable enough to carry on an A/C flying into these remote villages. A working prototype was located in an adjacent room and after watching it in operation I made some simple suggestions how it may be improvement.

The next thing I knew I had volunteered to document and optimise the design for them.

As with most small non-profit groups they are working literally out of their basements with no operating capital. Founder is self-taught on sketch-up - which they use to communicate with 3rd world countries via email. They pay out of their own pockets to fly to the 3rd world countries to set-up new "production" facilities using local materials and resources.

Len

Reply to
lmar

Try here :