Bottle jack to toe jack?

Has anyone made a toe jack from a bottle jack? I've seem some versions
(as illustrated in the latest MEW) but I've never been too sure how
well they work.
Regards
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
No but there is a toe jack setup in those porta power sets like Machine Mart / Seeley etc sell. They work very well on the 10 ton ram, that well I bought two sets just for the two toe jacks but the rams come in great for moving machinery.
Having shifted my fair share of machines over the years, my own as well as installing big laser cutters I would be lost without mine.
In a couple of weeks I have to move a CNC Bridgeport about 24" one way and it's on a concrete floor. Just pushing this with the rams will take about 10 minutes and no danger of it falling and not even having to break a sweat. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
versions
Machine Mart / Seeley etc
well as installing big
danger of it falling and
One of those portapack hydraulic systems was one of my better boot fair bargains. I find the wedge shaped spreader excellent for lifting machines enough to get a roller or skate under. Particularly good in confined spaces. where a roller crow bar won't fit (even if I had one :( )
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
In article , John Stevenson writes
John,
As someone with no experience of moving anything heavier than a Myford, but who hopes to move up to a bigger league in the future, this is interesting to me. I looked on the Machine Mart site but could not work out which product you referred to. Could you possibly add a more specific reference or description?
Thanks,
David
Reply to
David Littlewood
Stevenson
versions
Myford,
David,
When you come round next time I'll show you one in action !
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Charles, I have quite a few hydraulic rams,also a porta power ram,and
hydraulic hand pump loads of hydraulic fittings, steel etc. You ca have a good nose when you come over. Dic
this thread:
rjellis
In article , Andrew Mawson writes
Great, thanks.