easy way to add Revision block new entry?

Fellow SWX users,

Currently, whenever I need to add a new entry in the revision block I have to do it step by step (first, copy a horizontal line, then extend the vertical dividing lines, then copy the individual note entries...) Very tedious to line up with the previous entries, too. In ACAD, I can use insert block and it will prompt me to fill in the entries for all the attributes such as revision level, date, description of changes... And everything would line up automatically.

Is there an easier way to do this frequent task?

Thanks,

Stephen Chai

Reply to
Stephen Chai

Why not just use the "Rev Block Table" in SW's?

If you RMB over the table, then select "Revision", then select "Add Revision" it will add a new set of cells to enter all your info for that revision.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

I searched for Rev Block Table, no topic was listed. We use SWX2003. Could you please be more specific on how to add one to a drawing? Thanks again.

Stephen Chai

Reply to
Stephen Chai

Do as you described (first, copy a horizontal line, then extend the vertical dividing lines, then copy the individual note entries...)

After you have made this rev including the notes, select your items; Click Tools Block New Add a name to save block

Now to insert the block; Click Insert Block Pick you block Browse Find your block name Insert

To edit the block double click to explode Now you can edit the text!

Reply to
Pete

Something else to add to this method using SW 2003.

Make sure you add you Rev table (blocks) to the sheet rather than the sheet format. This way you can reload a sheet format without deleting your revision table. Just make sure that you lock the sheet focus before adding the block so it is not attached to a view.

By the way. SW 2004 really does simplify revision tables. It is fairly automated.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Thanks, Richard, Pete, and Seth. I have just created the first swx rev block in the company.

Reply to
Stephen Chai