Re: time on my hands

> Hi all

Search the archives of comp.cad.solidworks (using

). Those ghouls are always looking for body parts.

(Crossposted there as well .)

HTH

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

I would think the best bet would be to find someone who's used a laser scanned point cloud of a real hand to create a machinable mesh, rather than trying to find a feature-based solid model ? Try googling on terms like "Faro arm", "3D scan", "laser scanning" etc

Reply to
Andrew Troup

When I had MasterCam 8.1 it has this model and it looks good. I believe it is under samples and advance or something like that. I have been trying to get ahold of it forever. Could someone convert it to IGES nurbs and spit it up. I forgot to get it before I gave up MasterCam.

Thanks

Reply to
Mike Grant

It occurred to me that those medical guys out there might have some CAT- or MRI-scanned body parts posted on a server somewhere. Some university or orthopedic researchers maybe? My former employer was was working with medicos to investigate robotically-assisted surgery, and the robot needed to know where to move. That path planning data was supplied by medically scanned body structures.

Reply to
Moe_Larry_Curly

Hey Humphrey,

I don't know anything about GibbsCam, but in MasterCam you can create toolpaths from STL files. If that's the case with GibbsCam as well then you could buy Poser and export a hand (or head or arm...) as an STL, and then machine that. Or you could ask me nicely, and I will send you a hand from Poser

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs