Revision Symbol

Does anyone know if it is possible to lock a revision symbol to a
dimension on a drawing?
So that when you re-position the dimension the symbol goes with it.
Come to think of it, it would be handy to be able to do this with
notes etc
Cheers,
Kev
Reply to
Kev Parkin
In the SW install directory you will find a file called Gtol.sym. Back it up and edit it with your favorite text editor. You can add your own symbols there which can be inserted into notes and dimensions. Make sure to back it up first and be prepared to spend some time experimenting to get the results you want. I believe you will have to restart SW every time you change something in this file.
Kev Park> Does anyone know if it is possible to lock a revision symbol to a
Reply to
P.
Thanks, I'll give it a go, although will it mean that the revision symbol will not be linked to the revision table?
If so, this may be more of a pain than not having the symbol tied to the dimn.
Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.
Kev
Reply to
Kev Parkin
In 2005 you can group annotations so that they move together. I will caution you in that the revision symbol has to be in the drawing view that the dimension is in. Select the dimension and the symbol and the the right mouse menu "Group".
Wayne
Reply to
Wayne
Cool,
That's just what I need
Kev
Reply to
Kev Parkin
What about Datums for diameters? I can not get these to group together.
Reply to
grantmi1