Simulating/Animating spring motion

Hi, I'm trying to animate the motion of a spring compressing. I have the spring part set up to dynamically change with the overall height (the height dimension is in a sketch). How do I relate the height dimension to vary from say 200mm to 100mm in 2mm increments and show the resulting spring compression. Thanks Shane

Reply to
Slapp Attack

Look here:

Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

I posted the following a month ago - maybe it would help:

The links below will allow you to download the compression spring, and an extension and torsion spring I had laying around. The models are for education on modeling strategy only - I did not look up any springs for real, nor did I take a ton of time to clean up the models the way I would if I was doing them for a customer/delivering to a customer.

By the way, the compression spring is kind of cool because it shows a trick for getting equations to evalaute betwen frames in an animation. I needed the spring to be equation driven so anyone could use it to add coils, change diameter, etc without doing a lot of reconstruction.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Looks like mikejwilson.com is down.

Dev> Look here: