Beginner Part II

I'm sure these are simple questions, but I'm trying to learn SolidWorks on my own.

1) When I create a New Drawing, I notice my views are just oulines or boxes of the piece part. In other words, I see no details in the views?

2) What do you recommend when you create notes (standalone notes, not a note with a leader) on drawings? I've noticed that when you place a note on the surface of the drawing, it somehow tags itself to a view, so when the view is moved, the note moves with it to? My other option is to Edit Sheet, and then add the note?but by doing this, I am unable to see the views of the piece part. So how do I know where to place them? There must be a better way?

Is there any websites that offer SW newsletter or tips on using the program? I need every bit of help I can get.

Thanks!

Art

SolidWorks 2004

Reply to
Art Garibay

If you go to File/New and select Drawing, what do you get? You should get a blank drawing with no view borders. It sounds like you are starting a new drawing with a template that includes predefined views, which would be blank.

When you put something on the drawing sheet, it attaches itself to whatever view is the highlighted one. To ensure that the note, etc stay put, first do a RMB on the drawing sheet (not in a view) and select Lock sheet focus. That way it's tied to the sheet, not a view. After that, don't forget to RMB & select Unlock sheet focus.

Start here

and go to Rules of Thumb. Then branch out and read.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany