Simple drawing question

Hello All,

I'm sure that there is a way to make a CL (centerline) note without just typing CL, but I am unaware of how to do it.

A little help please!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Annotation / Inserst symbol.... pick centerline

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Krister_L

I think there is an extended ASCII character for that, but I haven't run across it yet. I'm not sure whether Swx or the OS determines which character set is active.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Thanks Bill,

I know that if I have a situation like Krister was talking about it's not a problem making the center line.

But when I have a symmetrical part (maybe flat) I will try to include a center line to better indicate that the part is symmetrical. So yeah, I'm looking for the symbol.

Let me know if you run accross it, Thanks,

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Based on your comments I'm not sure you realize what's available to you. Maybe so, but just in case...

In your drawing, start a note (hotkey N for me...), click to place the note box, then look over in the PM box to find a section called Text Format. Click the button for Add Symbol, select the Modifying Symbols library if necessary, and then pick Centerline. At this point is inserts a centerline symbol into your note. Close the note by clicking outside of it and there you have it - a centerline note that you can copy and paste, position as you choose, etc.

Did I miss the point here?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

...and can the symbol be attached to the centerline without using an arrow? sort of the way you can align and group dimensions and notes?

I haven't found a way to attach a note to a sketch or centerline the way we can with dims and notes, so that when dragging things around they stay together. Any ideas on that?

Diego

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Diego

DUH!!!

lol! it even has a CL symbol on the button. I don't do a lot of drawings (obviously) so when I need to find something, that seems like a no brainer to most of you, I know it's there but I just can't find it. Give me a "swoopy" lofted part to deal with, or tell me to "make it friendlier" (that's my favorite), I don't have as much trouble with that LOL!

Thanks Wayne, your the best. Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Notes can be attached to a sketch. Activate view, draw a centerline (instead of using centerline tool), add relation to line so it stays centered, attach note to said line.

Or , using the same sketch and in lieu of a note, use a geometric tolerance (symmetry).

Reply to
kenneth

Hmm, I have never tried to capture it any more than make sure it's part of the proper view. I don't put an arrow on it or anything - just plop it down next to the centerline and then it moves if you move the view. I just tried to group it to the line - no go. I tried to snap it to the centerline - no go. Hmm, I'm out of ideas.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I debated not posting the obvious since I didn't want the appearance of calling you an idiot in case you really weren't and the failure was mine in not properly recognizing the problem. But I decided that was better than have you miss out. So, thus the post. You're welcome - my pleasure.

(Oh, pet peeve - "you're" not "your"...hey, you know me................)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

So, I'm still not clear. Are you calling me an idiot or not. Either fits depending on the day. ;>)

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

To attach a note (also works for blocks) to an entity in a drawing so that when that entity moves the note also moves without using an arrow.... Place the note, attach the notes leader to the entity you want the note related too then in the Propery manager you can turn the leader off by clicking the button that shows a leader with the red X through it. This does not delete the leader it only hides it so that when that entity moves the note will also move and you can turn the leader back on if needed.

I like using this trick when I have a note or block attached to the wrong drawing view so that when I move the "correct" drawing view the annotation or block does not move, just show the leader, attach the leader to an entity in the "correct" drawing view that you want the note attached too then turn the leader off. Now when you move the drawing view that annotation will move with that drawing view.

Hope all that makes sense...

Sam Steeley

Reply to
Sam

(Wayne Tiffany has left the building before further incriminating himself.)

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I'm going to SWW this year and I"LL HUNT YOU DOWN!

OK, enough of this OT. Have a great weekend everyone!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I tried to attach the note leader upon creation of the note, but it wouldn't let me attach it to the centerline annotation. Guess it's not a proper choice.

Per your other example, in a case where I want it "over there", I will just create it in the view by which I want it to be controlled, then drag it to "over there." Seems a bit quicker with the same results.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Then add this note to tour favourites so it can be readily inserted in future

Reply to
Nev Williams

Ahh, yes, that brings ups an ER of mine. We can have some handy buttons when we are working with dimensions, but not when we are working with notes. When you click on a dimension, you have several handy buttons that allow a single click to insert particular symbols - I have asked to have those available with notes also. If you agree, submit again.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany