Lock view focus & keyboard

I am trying to assign a keyboard key to "Lock View focus" in Drawings, but can't find the command in the list(s). Anyone knows if it is possible ? Thanks. P.s.: I know the command is accessible "right mouse clicking" over the view, just trying to make it quicker!

Reply to
john

Try recording a maco.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

How about just going to TOOLS | OPTIONS | DRAWINGS and turn OFF Dynamic Drawing View Activation.

I've been Teaching, Supporting and Using SolidWorks for 7 years and have found Dynamic View Activation to be more difficult and troublesome than just Double Clicking the View you want active (Focused).

I hope this helps.

Darin

Reply to
Darin

Thanks Darin, why complicate things more...you are 100% correct. I am going to change this bad habit. I guess that's the price to pay for not attending a formal SWX training. On gets entrenched in performing tasks a certain way, oblivious to the fact that it could be done a much more efficient way. Thanks also to Scott for the suggestion. Cheers.

Reply to
john