View Features & View Dependencies

I find that right clicking on the top level assembly and toggling between View Features and View Dependencies is completely invaluable. Sorting thru the forever-long list of mates is made much simpler when I can see them under the parts they pertain to. Unfortunately I toggle back and forth quite frequently and was wondering if anyone has a shortcut for this. Ideally, I'd like a toolbar button that toggled between modes. I'd write a macro, but I don't know how to select View Features or View Dependencies besides right clicking on the top level assembly. Anyone got any good way to do this?

SWX2003 SP4

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

If you have both FeatureManager windows shown set one of them to the properties page, now click any part in the tree of the other window. It should show your mates in the top window and you can still see your features in the bottom.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Here, we have set 2 hotkeys - CTRL-D for dependencies & CTRL-F for features.

Interestingly, SW2004 thinks CTRL-F is already assigned (SPR# 197412) and won't let you use it. However, since you can display the mates in the tree along with the features, I have not found a need to switch the display back & forth.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

How did you assign the hotkeys? Where in the list of "keyboard" commands did you find View Features and View Dependencies. I'm running 2003 (I've got 2004 but other bugs prevent me from implementing it) so things may not be identical, but I'm curious in any event. I did like how 2004 listed them both as you said.

Dependencies

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

Nevermind. Found it:

View, FeatureManager Tree, By Features -or By Dependencies

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

"Corey Scheich" a écrit dans le message de news: c4v12k$2nd6v2$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-200385.news.uni-berlin.de...

Click one part, ctrl-click another in the FeatureManager, you will have both mates in the PropertyManager, and common mates in bold.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN