Here's what I wrote on 4/6/04.

From: Wayne Tiffany ( snipped-for-privacy@asi.com) Subject: Re: View Features & View Dependencies

View this article only Newsgroups: comp.cad.solidworks Date: 2004-04-06 13:07:11 PST

Here, we have set 2 hotkeys - CTRL-D for dependencies & CTRL-F for features.

Interestingly, SW2004 thinks CTRL-F is already assigned (SPR# 197412) and won't let you use it. However, since you can display the mates in the tree along with the features, I have not found a need to switch the display back & forth.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yes, I saw that. That's not the problem. I assigned CTRL-D and CTRL-F as you did. The problem is that sometimes it works (small assys), sometimes it doesn't (large assys).

Reply to
Mickey Reilley

I think my brain didn't register that you are on 2003 - sorry. The main thing I remember is that you have to select one of the items in the tree before the hotkey will act on it. So, try it by clicking on one of the parts in the tree first and see if that settles it down.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Mickey, When you go to 2004, you'll see a nice new addition to the FM that allows the best of both worlds. I like it alot...

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

We do own 2004 and I used it for at least one major design project (to test it out). Unfortunately, it has too many bugs that prevent me from rolling it out into the department. 2003 does everything I need it to, is stable, and doesn't have any bugs that kill me. Furthering things, my maintenance was due a couple of months back and I did not renew, so those bugs that 2004 has won't ever go away for me.

Reply to
Mickey Reilley