parent-child keyboard shortcut

OK, every couple of months I again look through the entire list of keyboard shortcut options in an attempt to find where I can assign a hotkey to 'parent-child' and every time it eludes me. I suspect it doesn't exist, but it is possible that I just missed it (those are long lists to scan and I figure its possible I screwed up)

Anyone know if parent-child can be assigned to a shortcut key and willing to give a fella a nudge in the right direction for which menu it might be under?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ed1701

This macro will do what you are after I believe, and can be assigned to a hotkey.

Dim swApp As Object Dim Part As Object Dim SelMgr As Object Dim boolstatus As Boolean Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long Dim Feature As Object Sub main() Set swApp = Application.SldWorks Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc Set SelMgr = Part.SelectionManager Part.ParentChildRelationship End Sub

Reply to
Brian

I don't believe I have ever seen it, but I'm also not sure I would use it enough since you have to highlight the proper part anyway. Then just do a RMB and select it. However, if you do that a LOT, I can see the desire to shave a few seconds off.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I do parent child all the time (its essential before you delete or suppress a features), enough that I get annoyed with all the clikcing and scanning of the RMB menu.

Reply to
ed1701

Thanks, Brian. I'll have to give it a try I guess its time to search through the group and figure out how to do a macro. I know, I know, all the cool kids are doing it. Its just that its got to have a learning curve I have been averse to go up - what to do, how to manage the files and where to store them, poking around the API, dealing with glitches, etc.

Best regards, Ed

Reply to
ed1701

Ed,

How are things?

Customize the RMB menu and get rid of all the stuff you dont use...that makes it easier to work with and not so many options to search through.

--Todd

Reply to
Todd