mirror parent child dependency

I have a channel that is a mirror part and is the child of another parent part. I cannot remove any holes in the child because it will not allow me (being the child). When I try to remove some holes, it brings me back to the parent for editing the feature. How can I delete the features on the child part, without affecting the parent? Is there a way? I am working in SW 2007. I have tried suppression, cant do it. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
billyb

An option would be to use Insert > Face > Delete in your child part. This will add a Feature in your child part, which will allow you to restore the hole if needed. You can select the face of the hole dia and your model will heal itself and close up the hole.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Anna Wood

Create two configs in the parent, one for mirroring and the other for the normal part. Suppress the holes in the mirror config. When you mirror the part you have a choice of which config to use.

Reply to
TOP