Hotkey for Parent/Child

Is there a way to assign a hotkey to view the parent/child relationship window? I would like to be able to simply click on a sketch or feature, then press a hotkey to view the parent/child relations. I can't find a way to do it. Maybe I'm missing something...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

deja vu.

Search this topic. Ed Eaton asked the same question about two months ago and someone wrote a macro for it I believe....

KM

Reply to
ken.maren

Thanks Ken. I found it. However I can't get to work. I am not very macro savvy. I tried to past the macro string into a new macro. I didn't really know at what level to past it so I simply pasted it at the level that the curser was at when the editor opened.

I highlight the sketch/feature, then run the macro, but absolutely nothing happens. I tried playing around with (editing) the macro a little, figuring I can't hurt anything, but still no luck. What do I have to do to get this working?

The string that I used is below. I must give credit to Brian for this.

Dim swApp As Object Dim Part As Object Dim SelMgr As Object Dim boolstatus As Boolean Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long Dim Feature As Object Sub main() Set swApp = Application.SldWorks Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc Set SelMgr = Part.SelectionManager Part.ParentChildRelationship End Sub

Any help is appreciated...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Man, if I had just waited 15 seconds before that last reply!!!! I got it working. I started from scratch and pasted over the default starting string in the editor.

Thanks again Ken...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I have to use this tool a lot. For example, I just now had to transverse through about 40 part files and check the parent/child relations on at least

3-5 sketches in each one to see if it were being referenced later in the feature tree. Having to RMB and find this tool in the menu isn't that big of a deal if you only use it every now and then. But doing this many adds significant time and aggravation. Hotkeys are the way to go to improve efficiency...

Besides, I need to save as much time as possible, so that I have extra time to read this wonderful group.

Reply to
Seth Renigar