parent-child relationship

Hi all, I keep getting an error box telling me that I must reorder features in the featuremanager design tree to create a valid configuration and parent-child relationship because I have child feature appearing before it's parent feature. I've checked in the design tree and this isn't the case. How do I turn this warning off? Tool/options/feature manager/show warnings/never has no effect. There are a lot of configurations of this part in the top level assembly so it's taking for ever to acknowledge all the warnings every time I switch from part to assembly and back again. Thanks, David

Reply to
david

Is there nobody out there that can help me with this one? Thanks, David

Reply to
david

David,

If you are running 2008, you can tell it ignore any particular error messages. I think you can select to ignore with a checkbox in the message. If you are running an earlier version, there is a little utility called "Push the Freakin' Button" that does pretty much the same thing. Search for that phrase on google and pick a site to download it from.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Hi Jerry, Thanks for responding. I've just downloaded the 30 day trial & I'll give it a go. Regards, David

Reply to
david

Hi Jerry, Thanks for that. It works a treat. David

Reply to
david

What does your feature tree look like?

Can you roll back one feature at a time till the error stops?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

It only pops up when you open the part file or when you open an assembly that contains it. I've looked at the parent/child relationship for the items in the feature tree that the error refers to and they look okay! I'm at a loss really. It's making the whole job run at about 30% efficiency at the moment. David

Reply to
david

Very Strange. The offending features are suppressed in all but one configuration and that configuration has a different parent/child relationship than all the others. Solidworks is quite happy with the relationship in that configuration but in all the others it has the parent/child relationship for the same features reversed and consequently flags it as an error! How can that be? David

Reply to
david

Sorted. I deleted one of the features (the one without any children in the unsuppressed configuration) and just recreated it. Consequently the parent/child relationship in all the suppressed configurations was removed. No error message!

Reply to
david