Radii of gyration

Does anyone know what the proper term is to be used to enter the radii of gyration in a relation in Wildfire? It is calculated in the mass properties but there does not seem to be a parameter listed that can be used. Thanks Doug

Reply to
Doug

Look under

Model Mass Properties --> Compute

Then scroll down through the listed properties Radii of gyration (wrt PrincipalAxis) is displayed

Cheers

Reply to
Squarepusher

Thanks for reply, I realize that radii of gyration are calculated. I am trying to use them automatically in a relation. The only way I have found so far is to do an intermediate step to calculate the radius of gyration from the area moment and mass. I was just trying to eliminate this step. Doug

Reply to
Doug

David Janes

Reply to