Radii of gyration

Does anyone know what the proper term is to be used to enter the radii of
gyration in a relation in Wildfire? It is calculated in the mass properties
but there does not seem to be a parameter listed that can be used.
Thanks
Doug
Reply to
Doug
Look under
Model Mass Properties --> Compute
Then scroll down through the listed properties Radii of gyration (wrt PrincipalAxis) is displayed
Cheers
Sq.
Reply to
Squarepusher
Thanks for reply, I realize that radii of gyration are calculated. I am trying to use them automatically in a relation. The only way I have found so far is to do an intermediate step to calculate the radius of gyration from the area moment and mass. I was just trying to eliminate this step. Doug
Reply to
Doug
: Thanks for reply, : I realize that radii of gyration are calculated. I am trying to use them : automatically in a relation. The only way I have found so far is to do an : intermediate step to calculate the radius of gyration from the area moment : and mass. I was just trying to eliminate this step. : Doug : This limitation was realized a while ago, so they came up with an analysis feature ('Insert>Model Datum>Analysis'). It gives you several types of analysis you can do, including surface, curve, measure and model. You need to create an analysis feature from a model analysis, so under type, click by Model Analysis. At the bottom, click the Next box which takes you to the familiar model analysis interface. Click Compute to get the breakdown on volume, mass, surface area, etc. Then click Close to get back to the analysis feature interface. In the Result params window, most of possible parameters are marked as NO, don't create this parameter. Check down the list to find the ones you need created for your relation, and in the Create window, mark that parameter YES. Take note of the names for these parameters, as they are local to the analysis feature and do not appear in the general 'Tools>Relations' interface. These analysis created parameters can, however, be used in relations. Unfortunately, the radii of gyration in relation to principal axes are not created as parameters. However, from the rest of the information and parameters provided, I'm sure you'll have no trouble setting up a relation to calculate it.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes