Mirror part config update

When you let SW create a mirror part in an assy, and actually create the new mirrored part, it reproduces the original pretty well, including multiple configurations. If you modify the original part geometry, the mirrored part updates right along with it. But if you add a config to the original part, it does not show up in the mirrored part, as far as I can see. The only solution I have found is to remirror-create it, which gives the new file another name, close anything referencing the parts, delete the original mirror part, rename the new mirror part to the old name, and then reopen the assy's. That way any mates should still work.

Anything I have missed here?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

The configuration doesn't get added the mirrored part but you can have the mirrored part refrence the new configuration in the original part. RMB on the mirroed part, choose "list external references" and selct the named configuration.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Rock Guy

Could there be more spelling mistakes in my last post? Sorry Wayne, I know that gets under your skin.

Rock Guy wrote:

Reply to
Rock Guy

Thanks - I appreciate that someone else recognizes the value of proper speaking & writing.

Changing the referenced config is only a partial solution in that you may want to use the mirrored part in an assy in a multiple config specific application. Might be ER time here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I wish they would just get the recreate mates option to work. It's been broken for maybe 4 years?

bill

Reply to
bill allemann

I came up with a work around. I posted my mirrored assembly solution which was reposted by you on 6-28-06 under "Repost - Mirror Components in Assemblies Issue". I never heard a peep out of anyone, good or bad! I guess it's to complicated, but it works for me. I wish SW Corp would fix this so I could scrap my fix for mirrored assemblies.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich