Flat pattern of a mirrored sheet metal part

Flat pattern of a mirrored sheet metal part-

I noticed this as a request for enhancement, here is a tip to get your flat pattern, before you mirror the part, just create a drawing and drop your sheet metal part into it, using the Flat Pattern, close the drawing, no need to save. All that did for us was create the flat pattern config. Now mirror the part and the flat pattern config. comes with it. Including any changes.

Reply to
Joe Sloppy

Joe,

Nice tip.

Reaper.

Reply to
Reaper2561

not trying to take the wind out of your sails but, while this works to some degree you loose the bend notes. also, the flat-pattern config is not a derived-config in the mirrored part, not that it's a big deal.

it's really not that difficult to get a flat from a mirrored part. in mirrored part, select face, insert, sheetmetal, bends, done.

kenneth

Reply to
kenneth

Yes, thats a good tip, I always forget you can do it that way too.

Reply to
Joe Sloppy