mirrored configuration

I have a part that come in different widths. I have a configuration for
every width.
Now - the part really also comes in a right-hand and a left-hand version.
Can I make a configuration that is really just a mirrored version of another
configuration?
Reply to
steve
Yes...to add a derived configuration for each one of the others, I believe would do the trick.
Krister L
Reply to
Krister
How do I then actually make the mirrored part?
would do the trick.
Reply to
steve
Maybe that's not my real problem.
My right-hand and left-hand part is really identical. It is first on the assembly level I have the right/left issue - where I in one version use the 5 first holes out of 6 in the part - and in ithe mirrored version use the last 5 holes out of the 6.
When I mate to the holes I use a pattern driven by the hole pattern in my part. The right/left difference is because I have a section of my part that is the "first section" before I have the holes that reflect the width of the part. This "first section" can be to the right or the left - but always before my paterned holes. For symetry reasons I have put a hole in this "first section"...
But on my assembly the mates follow the pattern - so unless I mirror that I dont get the mates like I want them.
I hope it makes any sense....
steve
would do the trick.
Reply to
steve
Yepp ...it's clear as mud...if I understand this correctly You should supress one hole in each rh-lh config ..the first or the last.
Krister L
Reply to
Krister
Mirror the part so you'll have a two parts glued together (one original and one other side) and cut the original first half.
Reply to
Robin Boudreault
well - then I am bach where my original quest started.... (some time a go on this news group)
The problem is that I dont know which one is my "last" hole as it depends on the width of my part. So right now I work off a principle where I know where my "first" is - because that is always the first - but this principle now comes short when I introduce the right/left issue.
I guess I have to suppress specifically to the r/l configuration for each individual width - and then pick the exact last hole on each width.
Steve
supress one hole in each rh-lh config ..the first or the last.
Reply to
steve
To have both left and right hand versions in the same model take your origional version and select a surface(if you want to use your pattern then you will have to use a surface perpendicular to the holes, mirror body and delete body on the origional part.
Otherwise you could create an actual mirrored part Select a face insert>mirrored part once the new file is made add a hole wizzard feature constrain a point for each hole in your pattern. you can then use the hole wizard as your seed patern in an assembly.
Corey
supress one hole in each rh-lh config ..the first or the last.
Reply to
Corey Scheich
On the mirrored part make a separate Pattern that would accomplish what you want. With your equations and everything.
corey
Reply to
Corey Scheich