Sheet Metal Flat Pattern Origin Question

Hi,

I created a sheetmetal part with everything referenced and mirror to the Origin.

Why is it when I flatten the part, does SW (2006, sp4.1) move the part from the origin???

How do I get the origin to be in the center of the Flat Pattern (it is centered nicely on the flat with two symmetric tabs) to be back in the center??? This is very confusing... the part is not that complicated and unfolds perfectly.

I would like it to be centered so that I can use autodimension to dim the part with ordinates to save some time - guess I am out of luck already - I have spent too much time already...

What am I doing wrong? About to loose it...

Aron

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

I would be interested in seeing your part. I just tried a sample part here (SW2007 SP1.1) and it appeared to work just fine. I made a rectangular base flange, added an edge flange to one end and mirrored it to the other end. Then in the drawing flat pattern, I added a centerline and ordinate dimensioned off that. Both directions were the same.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

right click on flat-pattern, change fixed face.

hth kb

Reply to
kenneth

Thank you Wayne and Ken!

The immediate problem has been solved - but my system keeps defaulting to the side & not on the origin - very strange... it is close to Halloween however! Anyway;

After talking with Wayne, he thought it may be my system acting up, however that too is being elusive to prove. Wayne suggested (and I agreed) a few good things to try, including the following:

I am going to "Repair" the 2006, SP4.1 install and then see if that helps solve the issue, if not then...

I will "Install" SP5.0, and see if that helps...

And maybe I may just go for it, and install 2007, SP1.1... what could happen :-o

I will follow up on my findings.

Thanks again,

Aron

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

The Saga Continues...

I tried "repairing" and "updating" the service pack from 4.1 to 5.0, both proved non effective.

I am about to do an install of 2007, sp0 then update to sp1.1... but first I will "Clean House" on the HP xw4100 Workstation to make sure all of the registry keys are completely gone, heck for about 100 dollars (and my sanity) I may just get another hard drive and start fresh - transferring the files is always tedious but I will gain a spare backup drive!

I will let you know what happens.

And if any body has a thought on what may cause this odd behavior I would be willing to hear any ideas.

Thanks everyone,

Aron

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)