SWX 2007 - Save As PDF

Just using 2007 for the first time on a live project - anyone noticed that saving as a PDF using the built in tool gives a unusually large file size compared to using a 3rd party distiller - even with all the boxes un-checked in the options.

Example: Assy saved as PDF = 800Kb - Assy "printed" as PDF using PDF995 = 173Kb

I seem to remember in previous versions that the internlly created PDF was always a smaller file size than those created by a 3rd party application.

Is this peculiar to my systems (I've tried it on 2 different installations) or is it something that is a consequence of the change from Bluebeam, or is it 2007 or have I missed something?

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

It has options now, and one I believe is high quality which is selected by default....?

alphawave wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Yes, I can confirm this. Saved a couple of files as PDF and also printed them to PDF using Acrobat. File 1 - 490Kb (Save As), 113Kb (print) File 2 - 400Kb (Save As), 93Kb (print) About a 4:1 increase. Both the Save As files were with high quality switched off.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Thanks Pete,

I'm glad I'm not going nuts!

Anyone know why it is so?

Kev

Pete wrote:

Reply to
alphawave

is it saving the 3dPDF info with it? I don't know but a theory.

Reply to
Robert