How save dwg as jpg?

I would like to make my dwg readable for users who do not have autocad. For example save as jpg. I can send it to the customer and she can open it easily without having Autocad.

Question 1 How can I save it as jpg-file?

Question2 Are ther any other ways to convert a acad-dwg to make it readable for everyone?

Thanks a lot for reading and answering.

Reply to
Andrea Kürzl

Set up a new plotter that plots to a jpg file. Pick File/Plotter Manager and select the Add-a-Plotter Wizard. Select Raster File Formats then pick any one of the available formats.

PDF is a common format for any type of document. To create PDF files you create a plotter as in 1 but first you need to obtain a PDF plotter driver. They range from Adobe's Acrobat Writer or Distiller (for money) to various freeware substitutes. Type "PDF" into you favourite search engine to find them.

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

"Andrea Kürzl" wrote in news:bK47b.216575$ snipped-for-privacy@news.chello.at:

I like to copy to the windows clipboard a selection set and paste into irfranview, or whatever you use for a jpg viewer.

reason being that my files are floor plans and it would be miserable to try to zoom around in any jpg viewer I am aware of. when I want someone to be able to look at my work jpg style, I cut out the pieces they want and paste into a viewer program.

roy

Reply to
Roy Knapp

Answer1: Install a raster file plotter. Use the "Add a plotter wizard". Assuming that you use a fairly new (R14?) version of autocad.

Answer2: Plot as a PDF, also check out the DWF format, it can be viewed in IE with a free plugin from Autodesk. Assuming that "everyone" have Acobat Reader and/or IE.

Conny

"Andrea Kürzl" skrev i meddelandet news:bK47b.216575$ snipped-for-privacy@news.chello.at...

Reply to
Conny Klasson

Another alternative might be to get a free pdf writer (I use pdf995). PDFs allow for great detail on zooming etc.

hdd

Reply to
hdd

Last week someone supplied this link, it works with Autocad and Microstation and is free. Voila, send them the dwg file

:D

ftp://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/select/intel/v81/view/08010218en/vew08010218en.exe

Reply to
Brian Spillane

and it's only a 66Mb download. :-(

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

Reply to
RonB

Reply to
Guido De Angelis

With the AutoCad window open and maximised, press ALT-PRtScn. Open up an image editor (Paintshop Pro, for example). Ctrl-V to paste the image into the application. Crop and resize to whatever you want. Save as GIF (better for graphics than JPEG which is designed for photos).

Works as long as your screen res is set quite high (which it should be for a CAD app). Your client will be able to view it in any Internet browser.

Woz.

Reply to
Manic Grin

Lots of answers here, but no one seems to mention the "saveimg" command, designed for this purpose, which requires no external applications or printer drivers. There's also an add-on arx called "BetterWMF"

Send your contacts the url for the free AutoCad Express Viewer (used to be WHIP)

G Faris

Reply to
Greg Faris

andrea snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.de

you would be better off printing it out to a pdf format for someone to look at.

Reply to
paul

Hello, You can try my tool at

Deliview 3.0 software

paul a écrit :

--

- Sharewares et Freewares en français pour AutoCAD.

Reply to
Philippe

Hi, if using AutoCAD 2004, you can use the command "JPGOUT" then specify a filename, then select the objects.

Hope this helps you out.

Bill

---------------------- Hurricane for AutoCAD

BK