3D dwg files

Is it possible to import 3D dwg files. A supplier of ours keeps sending them to us, because the individual "parts" in an "assembly" (I'm using quotes because they all reside in the same Autocad dwg file, but on different layers) can be more easily identified than if they send us a .sat file.

The import wizard displays the 3D data, and shows all the layer names, but it seems it just wants to create a blank drawing from it.

Has anyone tried this before?

Regards, John H

Reply to
John H

use dwg editor add-in, if available.

hth

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

John, I've tried this, but the graphics performance is TERRIBlLE (dynamic pan, zoom etc), and I still need to get the parts in SWX anyway.

John H

Reply to
John H