DWG to XML

Hello,
now I've a problem, that I have to solve.
I got several ACAD 2000 drawings, and it is necessary to convert them
to XML-format (for next users).
The constructor, who transferred these drawings told me, that only ACAD 2002 and obove supports XML, but in his office they are now using 3rd part software, so thats impossible for him to convert.
My question: Exists there any tool or gives ther any way, to converts DWG-data in the XML-format without loosing the 3d informations (BTW i've tried via PDF but IMHO this way 3d is lost).
Thanks for any response...
--
Greetings Werner
___