DWG import/conversion

I am having a couple of issues with dwg import/conversion:

  1. When I import a .dwg to a .slddrw, any layers I unselect in the "Drawing Layer Mapping" window are imported as hidden. The SWKS help indicates that only the selected layers will be imported - (therefore the unselected layers would not be imported?). I seem to remember in previous versions (pre-2007) that the unselected layers would not be imported? Did something change or has it always been this way. (Only a problem importing to drawings - unselected layers are not imported to parts)
  2. When I save a .slddrw as a .dwg, the resulting .dwg shows all the layers visible. Since I have extra hidden layers from my .dwg import, I now have a .dwg with a lot of extra garbage visible.

We use this often to update our old 2D drawings as needed (retrofits, etc) so that we can get a current titleblock, BOM and updated notes, without having to model any of the old data.

Is there a better way to control the layers? Is this a bug in 2007? Or am I just going to have to manually delete the layers on my drawings each time unless I write a macro to do it? We have a lot of legacy data that we handle this way, and since most of the engineers here don't know ACAD (not necessarily a bad problem to have), I can't reasonably expect anyone to use DWGEditor.

Reply to
engr-D

Have you got blocks in your ACAD drawings that contain entities on the layers you don't want to import?

briancad

Reply to
briancad