how to convert point cloud to solid object in AUTOCAD?

Hi, Anyone can help me? I have a data file about my face. It is a txt file which only includes X Y Z position data. I can import it into AUTOCAD and see the
face. However, It is only a point cloud. I want to convert it into surface and then a solid model. This is interesting because once I get the solid model, I can export a stl file for Rapid prototyping and make something interesting. Does anyone know how to convert point cloud to solid object in AUTOCAD? Thank you very much.
Dear flint2001:

Google Advanced Autocad script "point cloud" 15,100 appropriate hits
You could attempt to connect each point with two other unconnected points, and make a sheet of triangles (as 3D surfaces)...
Reverse engineering something, are we?
David A. Smith
Thank you very much. I tried point cloud plug-in for AUTOCAD. Later on, I use another kind of software to convert the data file into dwg file. Also, I can make these points a mesh surface in autocad. The problem is I don't know how to make it a solid model only which can be transfer to stl file. You are right. This is a small project of reverse engineering. Thank you again
Kevin
flint2001 wrote:

I think you'll need to give the surface some small thickness to make it a solid, like extruding the surface 1e-6 or something. There might be a way to offset the surface by a thickness.
Those are general suggestions. I'm not familiar enough the newer AutoCAD versions with solid modeling to give specifics.
Dear flint2001:

Go to Autodesk: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID 3112&id(92189&linkID$75507 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID 3112&id(88244&linkIDA83228 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID 3112&id197771 ... the fourth of a four part training session (may be too basic for your needs) http://www.74mph.com/faq/FAQ00065.html full command list, looks like the faces might be converted by 3DFACE, and the 3D faces made into a solid by SOLID?

Good luck.
David A. Smith
How many points are contained within your point cloud? Unless the number of points is fairly small (less than 1,000), I doubt that AutoCAD is the appropriate tool for your project. Do you have access to any other CAD tools - preferably solid modeling or surfacing tools?
--
- John

John Eric Voltin
hi, nice to know ur idea's .i want to know how u got that idea .as far as i m concerned u can't do it in autocad it is problem with surfacer. bye