Catia V5 For Mere Mortals

How does one acquire a license for Catia V5?

I have been trying to find a source for V5 online. I get the impression that this is one of those products where, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." I use a nicely decked out seat of V5 at work. I have used about five CAD systems by now. I have come to consider V5 the one true CAD package.

Work being work, I cannot use my seat at work for non-company related stuff which I am wont to do. I contacted IBM. They called me right back after seeing my email address thinking I was a customer with deep pockets. Once I told them I was a private party I never heard from them again.

I would even be interested in "power by the hour" or lab time if such a thing were possible. Since everything is provided for me by my employer I really have no idea how folks do things out in industry. I guess I am just looking for some pointers on the VAR market for Catia V5.

Thanks, Jason C. Wells

Reply to
Jason C. Wells