Mitutoya Dro power supply

I just came from an auction with a Mitutoya Digimatic dro display. It has no power supply but the socket looks like it shoul accept the typical ac-to-dc converter. But there is no notation as to input voltage or the polarity of the plug. Has anyone had any experience with these? It's code number is

982-537-1. Thanks for the help. Paul
Reply to
Dueknot

I have the same DRO. Power adapter reads:

POWER ADAPTER PN 50AAA297A IN 120 VAC 50/60 Hz OUT 5VDC 0.5A

Made in China

Center contact is Pos

Outer ring is Neg

Bill

Reply to
Bill Marrs

Thanks for the tip Paul

Reply to
Dueknot

I contacted Mitutoyo on the same issue a few weeks ago. I was told that it needed to be a regulated power supply, +/-0.1 vdc. I ended up paying $31 for a Mitutoyo power supply to be shipped to my local tool supply store instead of buying a generic 5 vdc power supply via mail order.

Do you have access to the manuals? I contacted Mitutoyo and was told the install manual is P/N 453AAA040 and the user manual is P/N

50AAA297 and that it would take about 4 weeks for Mitutoyo to get to me. It's been about 7+ weeks, I have left a voice mail last week and have not head back from anyone in the Mitutoyo customer service/document shipping dept. If anyone has either of these manuals and would be willing to copy them I would be most gratefull. I am trying to decide whether to mount the Mitutoyo on my mill or lathe. I also have an Accu-rite II box and one scale (still hunting on ebay for the 2nd scale)for the other machine.
Reply to
Aribert

Thats interesting about the regulated power supply.I assumed that any commercially available power supply would be satisfactory. And no, I don't have a manual. This unit was among misc. parts and pieces I picked up at an auction. As it only has the longer x scale I'm not sure whether to search for a y scale or see if someone needs it more then I do. We'll see.

Reply to
Dueknot

replying to Aribert, Bernie Cruz wrote:

Bernie Cruz

You replied to a post that is 11 years old.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell