Non Switching 220v Power Supply, Used with 110v, how much does current decrease?

I was sent a power supply for a unit that requires 9 volts DC with 180ma. The power supply says input 220v AC, not 110-220v, so I guess
that means non switching, and is supposed to supply 300ma of current. . I
checked the voltage output and it is 9.5 volts, so I'm good with that, but I do not have an amprobe, so I couldn't check the current. Basically the power supply does not have enough "juice" to power the unit (a CCTV camera).
Here is the question. Since I can't check the amperage from the power supply, could the fact that I'm pluging it into 110v and not 220v
be the reason that I am having a problem? What would the amperage output of the unit be? Is there a conversion formula? Is it half? It appears to be the situation. Thanks in advance.
servozoom wrote:

Your power supply wasn't designed to run off 110v. Either plug it into a 220v socket, use a 110<>220v autotransformer and plug it into that, or buy a 110v power supply replacement.
Your unit sounds as if it is a non-switch mode power supply intended for 220v AC. When on load and supplied by 220v, it will have an output voltage of around 9 v dc. Off load, it will be significantly higher.
When you power it will 110v, you have found that it does give 9.5v dc out - off-load. As soon as you put a load on, however, the voltage falls to too low a value to power the camera.
--
Sue

servozoom wrote:

Catalog # DCTX-936 from Allelectronics provides 9 V dc at 300 ma. Put one 82 ohm resistor - catalog # 82-5 - across the output, and you have a suitable supply. http://www.allelectronics.com/