Grounding an audio input?

I'm looking at this site:

- it contains instructions to build this fm transmitter. I was wondering what it meant by "ground your audio input to b." Also, in the parts list, they mention a trimmer capacitor and a trimmer resistor - what are these; I think they're variable capacitors and resistances? What is R7 supposed to be; it includes two values for the resistance. Lastly, some of the capacitors are listed with ker - what does this mean?

Thanks.

Reply to
- Eli Luong -

this will be the common point for you audio input

Also, in the parts list, they mention a

correct

What is R7 supposed to be; it includes

that is a typo... it should be 2.7 k

Lastly, some of the capacitors are listed

could be a typo for cer (ceramic) ?

note: this unit claims a range of 500 ft which would make illegal for use in the USA. under part 15 of the FCC rules and regulations.

Reply to
TimPerry

The typos that you quote may simply be that the author is from a country where different abbreviations and symbols are used.

Reply to
Palindr?me

when mistranslated into English.... isn't it a typo?

one popular kitmaker is

TimPerry

LOL, maybe the translator didn't know what they meant...

Thanks for posting the kits link..

You do have some great stuff that side of the Pond. Shame I was too young to be a GI bride...;)

Reply to
Palindr☻me

come over for a visit... i can at least show you niagra falls :)

Reply to
TimPerry