Save to PDF error?

I made a simple model of a steel framing part, then made a drawing and added some dimensions for generalization, then saved to PDF. When I
saved to PDF, the drawing view disappeared, leaving the dimensions, both on the PDF and the original drawing. Any idea what happened?
One other note...when I mouse over the area where the drawing was, the edges etc. light up, and I can even perform actions on them. I just can't see them.
snipped-for-privacy@scafco.com wrote:

Does this sound like your issue? I thought maybe it might apply if you have multiple sheets, however I doubt it.
"Save as pdf produces pdf with missing drawing views"
Not a PDF problem. Say Yes to update inactive sheets while saving as PDF and the PDF file is fine. If you say No and switch drawing sheets after saving as PDF you will see the same missing geometry in SW. Also, just save the drawing (saying Yes to update inactive sheets) and then save as PDF - no problems
Maybe try making sure that "Convert draft quality drawing views to high quality" is checked?
WT

I right-clicked on the invisible drawing view and selected "Show hidden edges" at which point the view, with hidden edges shown, appeared. This isn't what I wanted, so I selected "Hide hidden edges," and the drawing returned to the original state. Then I saved it as PDF, and it was fine. Problem fixed, but with that slight uneasiness of unpredictability.