command window

Probably simple, how can I adjust the depth of the command window. In other words decrease the number of command lines I can see? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
billyb

Close it and forget it

You are in better world now

Reply to
mr.T

On mine I can just drag the border anywhere I want. But, I would strongly suggest not messing with it - the existing system is much better.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Reply to
billyb

What's a command window? seriously, I've never heard of that unless we are talking about autocad?

Zander

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Tools/Add-Ins/SolidWorks 2D Emulator

This will open a command line box at the bottom of the screen that allows you to type in ACAD types of commands like LINE. And as I said, on mine, I just grab the top of it just like any other Windows window edge and drag it to whatever size I choose.

But,,,,,, are you asking about SolidWorks????

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I could have been manually typing in all the commands necessary to create lines for all this time and I didn't even know about it....wow!

Zander

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Wayne

Do you use the 2d emulator, if so do you find it more efficient than the toolbars?

I remember when I first installed SolidWorks many, many, years ago I tried the 2d emulator (seemed like a good idea coming from ACAD) but quickly switched it off, did I jump to conclusions too quickly?

John Layne

John Layne

Hell no!

Why spend half your time typing full words when the line command is already a hotkey of "L"? When I am forced to use ACAD I find typing commands is quite cumbersome over mostly single hotkeys & RMB menus. My opinion, of course.

WT

"John Layne"

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Whew--- I thought I must have misunderstood your original post.

John Layne

John Layne

That's the Autocrap addin for Solidworks called 2D Emulator that puts a command line at the bottom of the screen for those that don't understand all of the pretty pictures or have nothing better to do than type their commands in. Maybe we should start using it then when our boss asks us why it's taking so *)!(&*%#)(*)!@ long to complete this job we can tell em "I have to type every *()#*!)(@#*$ command in to get this POS to work" rather than telling him "I can't get a darn thing done with this POS crashing 3 or 4 times an hour" So like someone else posted above. TURN THE THING OFF is the best way to resize it