Depicting bend lines for a sheet metal part

With a part started as a flat pattern that has bends added within an instance, how do you show bend lines? Usually, the part is built with
a flat wall, with bends added. A flat instance will show the bend lines on the drawing. When the construction is reversed, the bend lines are not in the flat (generic) part.
a part started as a flat pattern that has bends added within an<BR>instance, how do you show bend lines? Usually, the part is built with<BR>a flat wall, with bends added. A flat instance will show the bend<BR>lines on the drawing. When the construction is reversed, the bend<BR>lines are not in the flat (generic) part.</BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>I'm sure I'm missing something: <STRONG>how </STRONG>is the "construction reversed"? For example, what created the flat pattern and will rolling up before the flat pattern produce a folded sheet metal part? Same with creating a "bend back" feature: if you can't do it, you've been using this "flat pattern" as a drafted pattern, in which case, you've got to put in the radiuses manually.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=

If the flat part is the generic case and the instances add the bends, then the only way to see the bends in the drawing is to include that instance (which creates the bends) in the drawing i.e. The bends aren't in the generic model, only the instances so there are no bend lines to show. However, if you want to show a flat pattern in the drawing you must make a flattened instance of each instance of your main generic, so esentially a three level family hierarchy.

I ended up converting the bent part to the generic which allowed the addition of a "flat" view in the drawings that depict the bend lines. Thank you both for your comments. I appreciate it very much!
Bob Parker