MIRRORED PARTS

Does anyone have a trick for making mirrored parts with the feature tree intact and not have it be derived from the original?

I hate it when I mirror a part and then later find out it has to be different than the part is was mirrored from.

I've thought about saving it as a sat and then bringing it back in and running feature works on it, but that seem like a lot of work and like there should be a better way to do it.

TIA

Jay

Reply to
Jay

Save as on the origional part then Mirror the body and delete the origional body you can then edit it as either the origional shape or the new one

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

If it's not too complex a configuration instead of mirror could be the answer

Krister L

Jay skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:adWMb.46039$xy6.115915@attbi_s02...

Reply to
Krister L

Hello Jay- Have you tried this method? a.. Create a new Mirrored Part in the Assembly b.. Right Click on the Mirrored Part, List External Refs, Break All, Continue on to rename it. c.. Right Click on the Mirrored Part, Edit Part d.. Save As, the message will remind you that the new name will break the reference, this is what you want. e.. Save As, in the same folder, with a new different name. (Note, the old part file is still in the folder, delete it if needed). f.. Rebuild, Save, the part, Save, the Assembly. g.. Un-Click Edit Part. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Best method for me too

Reply to
Robin Boudreault

I just started using this method and I like it. It works nice when you want to retain PhotoWorks materials and settings.

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson