I need some help with mirrored parts....

I have an assembly that I wish to also make mirrored version of. So I did
the following steps to try and achieve this: I opened up 1 of the 3
sub-assemblies that needs a mirrored version of itself (the sub-assembly
consists of the sheetmetal part and a component pattern of a pem nut). I
then opened up the newly created mirrored version of the sub-assembly, and
saw, as expected, in the feature manager, that the part was a reference of
the original version, that's all no features shown. I then went to the main
assembly and saw the new mirrored version of the sub-assembly in the feature
manager. Then I wanted to add screws to attach the mirrored version to the
unchanged parts onto the rest of the assembly. I did this by inserting the
"seed" component into the assembly, then I put in the needed mate to attach
the mirrored version of the sheetmetal part to the "seed" screw. I then
intended to make component pattern of the screw, but since the mirrored part
was mirrored, the feature manager of the part only showed the mirror
reference to the original part. I was expecting to be able to select the
hole pattern, but since it isn't listed, I couldn't select it. Any insight
on how successfully accomplish my intent would be appreciated.
Reply to
joe
This may not be the best but you can use the hole wizard and make a point for each hole and make them concentric. Thus recreating the holepatern over the origional.
Corey Scheich
Reply to
Corey Scheich
If the symmetry is the same as the first part you mirrored, you can use it's pattern as the seed. You might need to adjust the location of your seed component.
Matt B.
Reply to
Matthew A. Bush
Are you saying that I should use the hole pattern of the original part to define the component pattern of the mirrored version before I delete the original then save as "part", right, ("part", left being the original)?
Reply to
joe
[...]
I'm sorry I assumed that the original part was still in the assembly. You might try creating a separate configuration of your first part, suppressing the hole & pattern, then use that configuration to create your mirrored part & then put in a new hole & pattern.
Matt B.
sub-assembly
Reply to
Matthew A. Bush
wow, how'd that many posts show up, sorry about that
Reply to
joe