Assemblies to parts

I have created a model of a product using multiple assemblies and sub assemblies but now I would like other users to have a simplified version of this in the form of a single part so that it can be included in more assemblies.

Is there a way of achieving this? Otherwise I run the risk of them tweeking the product and ruining the whole of the master assembly or them seeing too much detail and not being able to use it in a simplified format.

Reply to
Andy Graham

You can save the assembly as a single part using the Save As command.

bp

Reply to
Brian Park

File / Save as/ Part

Reply to
Mike Young

When you "save as part", select "exterior faces". Then all information is gone.

Henk

"Mike Young" schreef in bericht news:HwWZe.2798$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Henk Kemper

But, to maintain associativity, you could also insert a new part into your sub-assembly (for reference only) and merge all of the other part together within it. Then this new part can be used elsewhere as a simplified sub-assembly. Any changes to any of the parts in the original sub-assembly would propagate to this reference, simplified sub-assembly part.

Reply to
Seth Renigar