Move configuration between assemblies

I apologise if this seems to be a daft question, but I'm going to ask it anyway :) I have two assembly files conitaining multiple configurations of a machine. The two machines are generally similar and are actually based on the same chassis. Does anyone know of a way that I can combine these two files? Basically, I would like to move configurations from one assembly to another.

Many Thanks

Keith Kerwin

Reply to
Daquifsta

I think you are looking at manually re-creating the configurations in one of the assemblies.

Some things that might help are:

Creating temporary sub assemblies in one of the top assemblies and bringing in groups of parts with their mates into the other assembly and then dissolve the temporary sub assembly. Whether this is worth the hassle is up to you.

Opening the two assemblies side by side and dragging parts across from one to the other.

Some really fancy API programming.

Reply to
TOP

I thought that would probably be the answer :( Thanks anyway.

Keith Kerwin

Reply to
Daquifsta